I remember when I was younger snicker doodles were by far my favorite cookies in the entire world. Making these was fun and nostalgic. If you are in the mood to bake these tasty traditional cookies follow the recipe below!
Ingredients: (yields ~30 cookies)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius)
2. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, whip the butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Add the 1 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of brown sugar and mix until evenly distributed.
5. Add the eggs and stir until well incorporated.
6. Using a sift add the flour, cream of tartar, The 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and sift into the dough. Combine until evenly mixed.
7. Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls.
8. Dip the balls of dough into 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar mixture and roll around covering the dough completely.
9. Place cookie dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.