- Family is everything. My mother is the strongest and most inspirational person I know. I love you so much madre. Thank you for giving me the gift of life and raising me to be the strong independent woman I am, I couldn’t have done it without you. You too dad, thank you for always being there and supporting me through every part of my life, you are both are the most important people in my life and I love you unconditionally.
2. Family doesn’t just include the people you are bonded to by blood, the bond of chosen family can be just as strong if not stronger.
3. Sometimes fairy tales do come true and that guy you had a massive crush on in the 7th grade actually falls for you too and he becomes your best friend and the love of your life. Never give up on the people that make your heart happy.
4. The Beatles were right. Love really is all you need; no amount of money, status or material possession will ever come close to the feeling of being loved.
5. Be fearless in your pursuit of happiness; never let anyone control your happiness it is something you and you alone control.
6. Your dreams and your goals will change throughout your life and it’s okay to not have everything figured out in your 20’s. Take your time to enjoy the present; do not waste your time and energy living in the past or too far into the future or you will never be satisfied.
7. You can’t focus all your time on trying to please everyone. Some people will never understand you or see who you really are and that’s okay. If someone doesn’t like you then that’s their problem not yours they don’t deserve any amount of your time or thought, let them go.
8. If you are passionate about something never let anyone tell you that what you are doing isn’t worth it or that you should give up. Don’t listen to people who are actively stopping you from achieving success.
9. Holding grudges will never improve any situation. Live and let live.
10. Some people just want to watch the world burn; do not give into people who thrive in negativity.
11. The world is your oyster, Little.
12. Self-confidence and arrogance are two very different things.
13. Embrace your imperfections because perfection does not exist. Do not live your life putting other people on a pedestal because no one is a perfect human being.
14. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
15. If you really love something set it free, if it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be.
16. Sometimes relationships fall apart so better things can fall together; some goodbyes are necessary.
17. Taking a trip to the ocean can do so much good for your soul.
18. Never stop appreciating the little things life has to offer.
19. The 5 by 5 rule; if it’s not going to matter in 5 years, don’t spend more than 5 minutes being upset about it.
20. Your current situation does not define you. Anything you are going through whether it be a loss, a mental illness you are battling on a daily basis, or any life change, you will get through. You are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for. Trust yourself in your pursuit of happiness.
21. Never lose your sense of wonder. Never stop exploring and take the time to go on little adventures whenever the opportunity presents itself. There is so much world out there yet to be discovered.